Want to be in the loop?
subscribe to
our notification
Business News
HO CHI MINH CITY AIRPORT APPLIES DUAL LUGGAGE SCAN TO CUT EXIT TIME
The new procedure is made pursuant to Government Decree 92 on aviation security issued on October 13, 2015 that will take effect on November 27, 2015.
Based on the decree, the transport ministry called on its finance counterpart, which manages the General Department of Vietnam Customs, to combine the two procedures into one.
After the finance ministry gave approval to the dual scanning method, the transport ministry’s Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV) requested that all international airports and those domestic terminals that offer international services carry out the one-time luggage scan within the final quarter of this year.
The new procedure must be jointly implemented by customs and security forces at each of the airports, the CAAV said.
The dual luggage scan is aimed at reducing the time passengers have to wait for their baggage to be checked before they leave Vietnam, according to the CAAV.
As for Tan Son Nhat International Airport, the CAAV have requested that the new rule be applied sooner than other airports.
During the one-time scan, customs officers will examine luggage to discover and handle any illegal exports from Vietnam such as undeclared foreign currency or Vietnamese dong; gold, precious metals and stones; or goods that are banned from being exported.
Meanwhile, security officers will check luggage to detect and handle any weapons, explosives or other items that can threaten flight safety.
Previously, passengers leaving Vietnam via Tan Son Nhat, as well as other international airports, had their carry-on and checked luggage scanned separately by airport security and customs officers.
This scan procedure tended to cause overload and delays during peak hours, the CAAV said.
Source: VIR
Related News
REAL TEST - NOT JUST WORDS
A truly fireproof bag must prove itself through action. SentrySafe FBWLZ0 was put to the test under flames reaching 1,300-2,000°C. Constructed with 4 layers of high-quality materials — not just for marketing, but for real protection. When risks happen, what you need is reliable protection. SentrySafe FBWLZ0 – safeguarding what matters most, even in extreme conditions.
EXCLUSIVE HKBAV MEMBER OFFER DISCOUNT: 15% OFF
Eligibility: HKBAV membersPromotion: Special offer for the 2026 Mid-Autumn FestivalHow to enjoy the discount: Please mention that you are an HKBAV member when placing your order.
TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT IN THE CONTEXT OF INNOVATION AND GREEN TRANSFORMATION
Vietnam's new vision on strategic foreign direct investment means that the work of Vinacontrol Group in terms of technology assessment is deemed more vital than ever. Vinacontrol Group is currently one of only two organisations nationwide designated by the Ministry of Science and Technology to conduct technology assessment under Decision No.29/2023/QD-TTg, placing it at the centre of a process that increasingly determines whether an investment project can proceed, be adjusted, or be extended.
HO CHI MINH CITY OUTLINES PLANS TO START FOUR MORE METRO LINES
Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee plans to begin construction on four metro lines by the end of 2026, which is part of the plan to complete 255km of metro lines by 2030. The first line, which connects Binh Duong New City with Suoi Tien, covers a length of over 32km, with an estimated investment of $2.18 billion. The line will pass through seven wards.
VIETNAM TARGETS 50,000 AI-SKILLED PROFESSIONALS FOR KEY SECTORS BY 2030
Vietnam is stepping up efforts to build an AI-ready workforce, targeting 50,000 skilled professionals and 10,000 advanced specialists by 2030 to strengthen strategic industries. Deputy Prime Minister Le Tien Chau signed Decision No.1528/QD-TTg, dated August 11, approving the National Programme on Artificial Intelligence Human Resource Development through 2030, with a vision to 2035.
DUNG QUẤT EZ, QUẢNG NGÃI IPS DRAW NEARLY US$19.4 BLN
The Dung Quất Economic Zone and Quảng Ngãi industrial parks have so far attracted 441 projects worth around US$19.4 billion, according to the Dung Quất Economic Zone and Quảng Ngãi Industrial Parks Authority (DEZA). The DEZA now has 350 projects run by 293 companies, employing nearly 81,700 workers, while about 20,000 additional experts, engineers and workers are building mega projects, according to data presented at a workshop marking the authority’s 30th anniversary recently.
























